My schedule as usual has been nothing short of overwhelming and using times of motivation can be tough when you never know what time the inspiration will strike. I’m having mixed feelings about all of my commitments lately so instead of a specific topic post this time, I wanted to share what does get me motivated. Here are 20 things that keep me inspired and motivate me to work harder:
1. A Beautiful Mess– This blog is home to an always inspiring team of ladies and gents, running a stellar business
2. AllDayIDreamAboutFood– You will find mouthwatering recipes that are easy to follow and successful- plus lots of options for anyone trying to cook/bake healthier by avoiding gluten and grains.
3. BackForSeconds– This is a great go to if you are looking for a new recipe for an especially sweet treat- my one weakness…..okay, there’s more than one.
4. Bakerella– Here is another stellar baker and creator of delicious, can’t resist, sugar-coated goodies.
5. Bon Appétit– Style and class mixed together with beautiful culinary expertise never gets tiring- anyone who loves to cook will love this site and publication.
6. Books- I am a total book reading fiend and pretty much always have been. This past year I have been so impressed by all the boss female writers currently making waves- some of my favorites include Donna Tart’s The Goldfinch, Cheryl Strayed’s Wild, Sophia Amoruso’s #Girl Boss, and Eleanor Catton’s Luminaries.
7. Cluck Cluck Sew– There are great sewing tutorials and some of the best quilt patterns I have ever followed on this site- P.S. I’ll be posting images of a finished quilt soon!
8. Etsy Favorites- This kind of goes without saying, but I love browsing on Etsy because you never know what you will find and its always great to support other creatives by buying handmade and supporting small business.
9. Food In Jars– By far, this is one of my all time favorite canning references- everything from canning techniques, jams and jellies, pickling, sauces, and shrubs, to delicious new recipes well worthy of trying.
10. Gala Darling– A modern motivational mystic, enough said.
11. Golden Artist Colors, Inc.– Amazing products from a company pushing boundaries in techniques and materials- Their Just Paint Publication is always worth a look!
12. I Heart Organizing– Anyone who knows me knows that organizing is my happy place, so this is one of my favorites to follow. There are tons of quick, easy, and especially beautiful projects on this blog to help organize your life.
13. Making Nice in the Midwest– This is an honest to goodness, down to earth, just plain fun lifestyle blog from a very talented lady.
14. Martha Stewart– She is the master of many things, including keeping it cool and classy.
15. Pandora– Where would I be without this sweet little automatically generated playlist? Music keeps me going when the going gets rough.
16. Pinterest Pin Boards-See what I’m pinning here! https://www.pinterest.com/emilygjoseph/ Just prepare yourself that once you join you may one day spend an entire day pinning and not even notice.
17. Ravelry– This is a crazy compendium of knit and crochet techniques, tutorials, and patterns that is a must for anyone who wants to get creative.
18. See Kate Sew– Kate is a modern sewing goddess who will have you sewing to your hearts content.
19. Smitten Kitchen– Here you will find some of the most interesting and delicious things you will ever cook, whisk, bake, grill, fry, sauté, etc…
20. The Container Store- Organizing can be yet another great motivator- or it can create an even bigger avalanche of things to do (eek!) Check out Kip Tindell’s book Uncontainable.